1. Attended Hogwarts as a student from 1971 to 1978
2. After the war, his portrait was not automatically put into the Headmaster’s office since he had abandoned his post during the war. Harry later made sure it was put there
3. Harry’s child who was named after him (Albus Severus) is the only children who inherites Lily’s eyes.
4. Rita Skeeter published a book entitled Snape: Scoundrel or Saint?, sometime after his death.
5. Severus means “stern” in Latin, and is the root of the English word “severe”.
6. The surname is from an English village in Suffolk.
7. Was loosely inspired by an unpleasant chemistry teacher J.K.Rowling had in high school.
8. He is one of the youngest teachers to be recruited at Hogwarts by teaching Potions since he was 21.
9. Lily Evans may have grown to love him romantically if he wasn’t so drawn to the Dark Arts.
10. The only Death Eater who could conjure a Patronus.
11. his last wish was to look Harry in the eyes, so he could see Lily Evans’ eyes once more before his death.
12. Rowling describes him as a gift of a character.
13. JKR had planned his backstory ever since she wrote the first book
14. He hated Neville because if Voldemort had chosen Neville instead of Harry after hearing about the prophecy, Lily would still have been alive.
After the war, Minerva McGonagall became the Headmistress of Hogwarts.
Lord Voldemort = Antioch Peverell = Died For Power
Severus Snape = Cadmus Peverell = Died For Lost Love
Harry Potter = Ignotus Peverell = Greeted Death Like An Old Friend.